No matter your age you can create a fun Mardi Gras celebration.
These few elements are here to guide you in your planning, but you can add anything you like to make it your own celebration too!
- Mardi Gras isn’t complete without your beads. Each traditional color symbolizes something. Purple is Justice, Green if Faith, and Gold is power.
- Make your food choices fun and healthy (but you can add a Beignet too) Add a roasted veggies side with all the colors of Mardi gras. Purple potatoes, yellow squash, green zucchini. Be creative with colors and food combinations.
- Make your own masks and make sure they sparkle! These are some fun and flamboyant ones!
- The cake is KING! Make a king cake to celebrate the baker hides trinkets inside the dough, usually a plastic baby or a fava bean (I add a chocolate kiss). Whoever gets the piece of cake with the baby is the king or queen of the day. For young kids, parents can substitute the plastic baby for a chocolate kiss or other sweet treat that is soft to avoid a choking hazard.
- Make a Jambalaya or other traditional NOL fare.
- The best part! Throw your own parade! Go around the block or around the living room.
- Don’t forget to decorate. Find some garland, streamers, beads, feathers, and balloons in the traditional colors (or do make your own color scheme).
- We do some fun games for Mardi Gras like hide the baby doll. A game of hide and seek with one of our daughters’ baby dolls. Here are some other fun games.
Some Fun Links To Other Mardi Gras Food, Crafts, Etc: