Tie dye or multi-color cupcakes have become very popular, and with good reason - they are fun and fairly simple to make! We created some red, white and blue cupcakes that are perfect for the 4th of July!
You will need:
- White cupcake mix, prepared as stated on the box
- Food coloring, we used Americolor red and blue
- Small bowls & spoons (for each color)
- Cupcake wrappers
- White icing/frosting - here is a recipe
- Red, silver, blue sprinkles, optional
- Red, white, blue candy, optional - we used rock candy and Twizzlers cut into pieces and separate
- Piping Bags
- Decorating Tips
1. Line the cupcake pans with the cupcake wrappers.
2. Prepare batter and divide evenly into 3 small bowls.
3. Put a few drops of blue food coloring in one bowl of batter and a few drops of red into another bowl of batter and mix well.
4. Spoon batter into cupcake liners using equal parts of red, white, and blue.
5. Bake as directed on the box and set aside to cool.
6. Once cupcakes are cool, use white icing and blue and red sprinkles or candy to decorate them.
I hope these tasty red, white, and blue cupcakes bring a smile to your kiddos' faces on Independence Day, although ANY day is perfect for a cupcake! Happy eating and have a great holiday!